I absolutely cherish nights spent sitting at home doing almost nothing. It's these kinds of moments, the simple pleasures, that I love most. Today was Vancouver's first real snow of the year. And though it snows every year, we almost seem surprised each time. I don't mind the snow. If anything, I think it paints the city in a beautiful white that glows even at night. Driving in it, however, is not something I enjoy or choose to do this year. Maybe if I had snow tires, but why would I spend $800 on tires? Do you know how many pairs of shoes I could get with $800? Including a great pair of snow boots to replace the car LOL.
Ashelle recently tagged me to do 7 confessions. While laying here with a hot chocolate it's the perfect time to tell you all my secrets...err 7 things you may not have known about me!
1) My biggest inspiration in life is my Nana. The entire reason I started this blog was because she passed away and I needed an emotional outlet to help me grieve. The black and white photo on my blog header is of my Nana and Grandpa.
2) I show up late for pretty much everything. I just never seem to have ample time and I'm sooo not a morning person! It's not a quality about myself that I like.
3) I talk in an English accent at least once a day. It’s probably starting to annoy (or even offend) some people, but I just love it. I think I was British in a past life.
4) One of the tasks on my to-do list before I die is to purchase a Chanel purse. One day friends, one day!
5) I kind of like my crooked teeth. I think they give me character and reflect the fact that I'm in no way perfect.
6) I am one of the most un-athletic people you will ever meet. Sports and I don't mix well. This is only one of many reasons why I would be the worst Amazing Race partner.
7) When I was little I used to talk to myself in the mirror. Usually pep talks, but sometimes just practicing everyday conversation. I still catch myself doing it every once in a while.
Horse Feathers - Working Poor